Which certificate is more effective and interesting for study/work?
Let’s face it, in today’s world parents are obsessed in giving their children the best education possible in order for them to succeed in the most competitive global economy ever. In India alone, every year sees the graduation of more honour (top) students than all of America’s graduating students combined. I tell all my young students that what they need is the soft skill of English communication. Most parents want their children to acquire hard skills, such as, mathematics and medicine – which is great. However, who will be the lucky students that will one day become the future managers/leaders. The answer, the ones with soft skills in English. Skills such as presenting, negotiating, interviewing and writing.
So which one? C1 ADVANCED/ C1 HIGHER OR IELTS
- First and foremost, after two years your IELTS score is permanently erased – a major negative!
- Secondly, IELTS isn’t recognised by the world’s top companies- not helpful.
- Thirdly, what if you decide not to apply to an English-speaking European University- oops, you will have to go back to school and achieve a C1 Cambridge certificate for your resume.
- That’s why, kill two birds with one stone- study for and achieve your C1 advanced (CAE) or C1 higher (Business) Cambridge certificate.
- It stays forever on your resume (CV) .
• All top Universities in the UK and throughout Europe accept either the C1 advanced (CAE) or C1 higher ( BEC= BUSINESS ENGLISH CERTIFICATE) as proof of your English proficiency.
• Most of the world’s top companies accept/ recognise the C1 advanced/ C1 higher as a resume credential – proven skill.
• Why spend extra money on preparing for an IELTS course and then realise you don’t want to study abroad- don’t waste your parent’s money!
• Moreover, the learning content of either C1 advanced and C1 higher is more interesting. Click below for further comparative analysis.
• Finally, go to the official Cambridge website and do your own analysis https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-tests/advanced/